This web platform is called Civil Strategies because citizens are the heart and power of society. I am motivated as a glocal citizen by the premise that from the voiceless and vulnerable to the loudest and strongest, society runs better with little-d democratic or just plain "good enough governance" and people’s interests at the center. This consultancy, from diaspora strategizing to conflict mediation, international diplomacy and development, is reinforced by a variety of association and volunteer work.
Key professional affiliations:
- American Society for Public Administration (Chair, Section on Effective and Sound Administration in the Middle East)
- Arab American Institute (National Policy Council member)
- International diaspora Engagement Alliance
- International Mediators Community of Practice
- Network for Peacebuilding Evaluation Community of Practice
- Public Diplomacy Council (Board member, Secretary)
The social justice, multi-faith and conflict mediation efforts in which I am primarily involved:
- Montgomery County (Maryland) Office of Community Partnerships Middle Eastern American Advisory Group (chair)
- Action In Montgomery
- Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church
- Conflict Resolution Center of Montgomery County (Maryland)
Sometimes I feel like a walking non-profit, and that adds to my motivation, because there’s so much compelling work to be done. If I can help you strategize civicly, I invite you to email and look forward to a discussion.